Hello ! Welcome to Oliveira's Policies, Codes & Rules - Handbooks!Oliveira Community 2016-2017Oliveira families have voted YES to uniforms for 2016-2017 school year.Oliveira School Uniform Revised April 2016 click here
Uniforms should be worn every Monday-Thursday at school. Every Friday is a casual dress day.
Shirts and Tops
Colors: White, light blue, navy blue and black (one solid color with no embellishments, writing or designs)
· Any type of shirt maybe worn (e.g. t-shirt, button-up, henley, collared, etc.)
· All tops must have a sleeve (e.g. cap sleeves, short sleeves, or long short sleeves as per Board policy )
· Any Oliveira school shirt may be worn.
· Solid colored white, light blue, navy blue and black (cardigan sweaters and hoodie sweatshirts may be worn on top of shirts).
Colors: Navy blue, khaki, black and dark grey (one solid color with no embellishments, writing or designs)
· Pants, skirts, shorts, skorts, capris, jumpers, dresses and athletic shorts. All bottoms must abide the FUSD dress code policy and be no shorter than finger tip length when arms are extended down to the side.
· Tights may or may not be worn under skirts, dresses, or shorts.
· No denim jeans, shirts, skirts or shirts may be worn.
· All students must bring PE appropriate shoes on days they have PE and change into them before PE.
· Students may not wear sandals, thongs, flip flops, clogs, crocs, heely's or cleats. No raised heels, wedged or elevated soles.
· Rain boots may be worn on rainy days. Students must bring PE appropriate shoes to change into.
· Boots must have tread and non-slip soles. Students must bring PE appropriate shoes to change into for PE.
• Hats are worn only outdoors for sun protection. Head coverings for religious and/or cultural reasons are permitted.
• Any type of coat or jacket may be worn outside.Casual Dress Fridays
Every Friday is a casual dress day. Students must still wear clothing following the FUSD dress code policy. See attached FUSD dress code policy.
Spirit Days set by Oliveira Ambassador Council and are themed dress days usually falling on a Friday. These days may: Halloween, Crazy Hair Day, Twin Day, etc. They will be announced at the start of the school year.Oliveira Uniform Community Closet
Oliveira has a community closet on campus where parents can purchase gently used uniform clothing. Tops are $1 and bottoms are $2. All the money is donated back to the school. You can also donate gently used uniform items for resale. It’s a great way to recycle, save money and give back to the school. See the office for more information.
School Uniform Exemption Revised 2016Parents who choose to apply for an exemption of the Oliveira School Uniform Policy must fill out a Uniform Dress Exemption. Parents who choose to apply for exemption of the Oliveira School Uniform Policy must adhere the FUSD dress code policy and opt-out policy (BP 5132/AR 5132).
FootwearStudents who opt-out of the Oliveira School Uniform Policy must follow the same footwear policy stated above in the Oliveira School Uniform Policy.For more information, http://www.boarddocs.com/ca/fremont/Board.nsf/public# to read the FUSD Board Policy regarding Dress and Uniforms. Administrative Regulation (AR) 5132 addresses school uniforms.