This year, instead of having a community discount card, Washington High School has decided to participate in Communities for Cause, an amazing fundraiser that gives back to our school in the form of an online marketplace! Anyone with an account with Washington ASB can shop online, or download the app on your iPhone or Smart phone. Communities for Cause is an ongoing fundraiser, allowing us to raise money throughout the entire school year at great stores like Target, Amazon, Staples, and many more! To view a full list of nearby stores that are taking part in Communities for Cause, go to http://www.communitiesforcause.com/ or to the “Offers” page of the app after signing up.
Communities for Cause gives you the option of signing up online, or on your iPhone or Smart phone. You DO NOT need to sign up on both the app and the website. The same account is used for both the online website and app on iPhones and Smart phones.
Directions to sign up for Communities for Cause ONLINE:
1. Go to https://communitiesforcause.net/account/register It should bring you to a page labeled “CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT”.
2. Fill out the form to create a new account.
NOTE: Make sure to check “Supporter” for Registration Type. Screen names are usernames. They do NOT have to be your legal name. Passwords must be longer than 6 characters. Also, complete the “ZIP” box with the ZIP code of your home address (this is so that the website can find nearby stores that are eligible with Communities for Cause).
3. To select a cause, scroll down for “Washington High - Fremont” and choose our high school.
4. DO NOT FORGET TO COMPLETE THE SECURITY BOX by typing the words or numbers in the picture above. Then, click “Continue Registration”.
5. Now, you are signed up for Communities for Cause and should receive a confirmation email on the email you used to create your account.
Directions to sign up for Communities for Cause ON THE APP:
1. Go to the “App Store” on your iPhone or the “Google Play Store” on your Android Smart phone.
2. Search “CFC” in the app store. Find the result with the Communities for Cause icon and download the app.
NOTE: The correct app should be FREE.
3. After it has completed downloading, open the Communities for Cause app. Tap “Register”.
4. Fill out the form to create a new account.5. Select a cause. Search for “Washington High - Fremont” and choose our high school.
6. After, tap “Register”. The app should go to its “Offers” screen. Here you can scroll through which stores participate in Communities for Cause.
7. Now, you are signed up for Communities for Cause and should receive a confirmation email on the email you used to create your account.