What's New at Harvey Green PTA
- Spring 2018 FUNDrive
Clean up your closet before spring break and donate gently used clothing & bedding items to raise money for Harvey Green PTA. This FUNDrive is expected to yield $0.20 per lb of soft items, or an average of $2.5 for each 13-gallon size kitchen bag. **All FUNDrive items must be in good, clean, and sellable condition. Please bring your donations to the bins located in MUR on 3/26~3/28. SOFT ITEMS ONLY.
- Cold Stone Ice Cream Cake Fundraising Program
- Where: This program is available only At:
- Cold Stone Creamery Pacific Commons, 43562 Christy St, Fremont, CA 94538
- How it works:
- Turn in your Cold Stone Creamery Cake receipts and a portion of your purchase will be donated to Harvey Green PTA
- How Much: The Amount of Cashback you could help PTA earn:
- Round Cakes: $3, Rectangle Cakes: $4, 6-pk Cupcakes or 4-pk Cookies: $1
- OhmConnect Fundraiser Program
This is a new fundraiser program we encourage Harvey Green families to participate.
For more details, please visit: https://www.fremont.k12.ca.us/Page/33784
- Harvey Green OhmConnect Sign Up Form
- Step by Step Sign Up Instructions
- A short intro video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRi4KxiZMoc
- Upcoming PTA events in Spring 2018. Stay tuned
- Family Paint Night: 4/13
- Family Music Night: 5/4
- Safe Routes to School: Golden Sneaker Contest, Bike Mobile (3/2)
- Extreme Science Assembly: 3/1, during school hours
- Bedtime Store Hour: 3/27
- Spring 2018 FUNDrive (3/26~3/28)
- California Wildlife Assciates Assembly. 4/27, during school hours
- Jamba Juice Card Fundraising (after spring break)
- Staff Appreciation Week: 5/7~5/11
- Multi-Cultural Week: 5/29~6/1
- BMX Anit-bully Assembly: TBD
- Family Dance Night: TBD
FUNDrive Christmas 2017
Clean up your closet before Christmas and donate gently used clothing & bedding items to raise money for Harvey Green PTA. This FUNDrive is expected to yield an average of $2.5 for each 13-gallon size kitchen bag. **All FUNDrive items must be in good, clean, and sellable condition. Please bring your donations to Cookies & Cocoa with Santa event on 12/15 to exchange for free admission, or drop them off to the bins inside school MUR from 12/13/2017 to 12/20/2017.
UPDATES: This FUNDrive has collected 540lbs of donations and added $108 to PTA general fund. Thank You.
Cookies & Cocoa with Santa 2017
When: Friday, Dec 15th, 6:00-8:00pm
Where: Multi-Use Room
What: Come join our annual holiday celebrations with FREE cookies and hot cocoa, family photos with Santa, holiday crafts and raffle prizes.
Admissions: For each family, please bring a few gently used winter clothes, OR three cans of non-perishable food items, OR a new toy (not wrapped in paper), OR $3 for admission.
Tickets: Santa Photos $3, Raffles $1, Crafts $1 (cookie decorations or holiday ornaments)
Volunteer Sign Up: If you would like to help with MUR decorations/setup, crafts, food serving, or clean up, please sign up online at https://www.fremont.k12.ca.us/Page/30268 by Wed, Dec 13th, 2017. Thanks for your support.
Fundraising Night at Chipotle Automall, 11/30/2017
This fundraising night will mainly support the Music for Minors II program in our classrooms.
PTA will receive 50% of your qualified purchase. Online orders are NOT included.
When: Thursday, Nov 30th, 4-8pm
Where: 5565 Auto Mall Pkwy, Fremont, CA 94538
UPDATES: This fundraising event will add $532 to PTA fund.
Family Paint Night, Thursday, 11/09/2017
- Where: Harvey Green Elementary Multi-use Room
- Cost: $25 per painting on a 16”x20” stretched canvas ready for display
- Open for all. You may share one canvas if you like: parent/child, siblings, friends, etc.
- PTA will supply canvases, acrylic paints, easels & brushes. Pizza & snacks for sale.
- RSVP Required. No Walk-in please.
Register at https://www.fremont.k12.ca.us/Page/32406 or fill out a paper form at the school office
Red Ribbon Week 2017, Oct 23rd~27th
You are invited to participate in a week of spirit to celebrate our choice to be drug free. Get creative and have fun! *Please remember to follow the school dress code.
- Monday: Proud to Be Drug Free! Wear red to help kickoff Red Ribbon Week!
- Tuesday: Turn your Back on Drugs Wear your shirt or jacket backwards.
- Wednesday: Use your Head-Don’t do Drugs Wear a Crazy Hat OR a Crazy Hairstyle.
- Thursday: Too Super for Drugs Wear your favorite superhero shirt.
- Friday: Our School Chooses to Be Drug Free! Wear your school Tshirt or school colors. Show your spirit.
Plus, Participate by decorating the classroom door with Red Ribbon Week theme and win prizes.
- Fall Festival 2017
- Mark your calendar for Fall Festival 2017 on Saturday, 10/28/2017, from 11am to 3pm
- Come join our biggest family fun event and make it a wonderful day for kids
- We need your support to fill in ~200 volunteer spots including setup, cleanup, game/activities booths and food stall.
- Parents, High School Students, Boy Scouts, 6/7/8th graders are all welcome to join the team.
- If you have two hours to spare on that day, please sign up online to be a volunteer by Friday 10/13/2017 at: https://www.fremont.k12.ca.us/Page/29879. Thank you very much.
- NOTES: Volunteer registration is Closed as of 9pm 10/15. You will expect a message regarding your assignments by Monday 10/23.
- Pumpkin Decoration Contest at the Fall Festival
Please read the rules of the contest and sign up on this page. There are plenty of spots open!
- Candy Donation for Trick-or-Treat:
If you would like to make candy donations for Trick-or-Treat Parade, please send candies in a bag marked with “Fall Festival Candy” to the office by Wednesday, Oct 25th. All candies must be individually wrapped.
- Dessert Donation for Cake Walk:
We need donations of cakes, cookies, pies, or other baked goods for running Cake Walk. We are also open to donations of healthy options like granola bars, fruits, etc. These items need to be store-bought on Oct. 27 or 28 (Friday, or Saturday morning).
- PTA Program Coordinators & Volunteers Needed
- We are looking for program coordinators for 2017-2018 school year. The tentative list can be viewed on this page. Please contact us by email today if you are interested in taking the lead. Thanks for your support.
- International Walk or Roll to School Day, 10/4/2017
The students, parents, and teachers at Harvey Green will celebrate International Walk and Roll to School Day on Wed, Oct 4th, 2017. This is a great opportunity to celebrate our health, the environment, and our school spirit.
PTA Reflections Art Program 2017
- Topic: Within Reach
- Due Date: Monday, 10/23/2017
- For more details, please visit: https://www.fremont.k12.ca.us/Page/26673
2017-2018 School Supply Lists of Harvey Green Elementary
Teacherlists.com is a sister-site of PTOtoday.com that offers a convenient interface for parents to shop school supplies. With one click, parents can purchase their entire list through Target, Amazon, or Walmart and have it delivered right to their front door!
Please share this link and help our school win the free giveaways.
Bike to School Day, Thu, 5/11/2017
Staff Appreciation Week, May 1st~5th, 2017Theme for the Week: "Fiesta"
Monday, May 1st – TK & Kindergarten - Breakfast Items: hard-boiled eggs, granola, quiche, fruits, muffins, yogurt, pastries, bagels & cream cheese, juice or any other breakfast treat
Tuesday, May 2nd – Fifth & Sixth Grades – Sweets & Desserts: fruit torte, chocolate-covered strawberries, flan, cheese cake, crepes.
It is the day of School Open House Night. PTA will be serving a catered dinner from Arteaga's Food Center.
Wednesday, May 3rd – First & Second Grades – Salads, Veggies & Dips: fruit salad, potato salad, green salad, broccoli salad, pasta salad, vegetable tray, hummus, or your favorite salad or dip.
Thursday, May 4th – Third & Fourth Grades – Fruit, Cheese & Crackers: sliced cheese, brie cheese, cream cheese, multi-grain crackers, wafers, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, sliced deli meat.
PTA will sponsor a special Caricature session by Big AL Arts for our staff on ThursdayGet kids involved in celebrating Staff Appreciation Week
Monday, May 1st—bring a card or letter to express thanks to a teacher or staff member
Tuesday, May 2nd—bring a flower to a teacher or staff member
Wednesday, May 3rd—bring a paper item for the classroom (ie. Kleenex, Xerox paper, Post-Its, etc.)
Thursday, May 4th —wear your teacher’s favorite color
Friday, May 5th—bring in a writing item for the classroom (ie. Dry erase marker, pencil, highlighter, etc.)
Family Paint Night, Friday, 4/28/2017
When: Friday April 28th 2017 @ 6:00-8:30pm
Where: Harvey Green Elementary Multi-use Room
Cost: $25 per painting on a 16”x20” stretched canvas ready for display
Who: Open for all ages. An adult may work together with a child on a single painting.
We supply canvases, acrylic paint, easels & brushes. RSVP Required. No Walk-in please.
How to Sign Up: Register online at https://www.fremont.k12.ca.us/Page/32406 or fill out a paper form at the school office
Jamba Juice Card Fundraising 2017 -- available at the office through 5/31
Free Bike Mobile, Tuesday, 4/11/2017, 2:30-6:30pm
Family Music Night by Music for Minors II, Thursday, 4/6/2017, 7:00-8:00pm
Fundraising Day at Bronco Billy's Pizza Palace, Monday 3/20/2017, 11am-10pm
- Where: Bronco Billy's Pizza Palace, 41200 Blacow Rd Ste B, Fremont, CA 94538
- When: Monday, 3/20/2017, 11am to 10pm ( the whole day )
- How: Must present the flyer or mention “Harvey Green” to participate.
- Applicable to dine-in, take-out, phone orders. Bronco Billy's Pizza will contribute 20% of the proceeds to our organization.
- Updates: This fundraising event has added $200 to PTA general fund. Thanks for your support.
Cowboy Assembly, Monday 3/20/2017, 10:30-11:30am
Bedtime Story Hour, 3/9/2017, 7-8pm
Safe Routes to School: Golden Sneaker Contest
Math-a-Magic Shows by David Hagerman, 2/24/2017
Multi-Cultural Week 2017: China
- Time: 9:10~10:00am, 10:15~11:00am
- Program includes Lion Dance, Martial Arts, Demonstrations of Chinese instruments, brush painting & calligraphy, Chinese fan dance.
- Sponsored by Harvey Green Elementary PTA with guest performers from:
- Thunder Kung Fu Academy (Fremont), Sun's Kung Fu, US Shaolin Kung Fu
- Eva Learning Center (Newark)
- IChen Art Academy (Fremont)
- Mon, 2/6/2017, Chinese New Year Assembly.
- Wed, 2/8/2017, Chinese New Year Parade.
- Time: 9:45~10:00am
- This is led by the Kindergarten classrooms and supported by other grades.
- Special activities in classrooms (check with your teachers for more details)
Cookies & Cocoa with Santa 2016
- When: Friday, Dec 9th, 6:00-8:00pm
- Where: Multi-Use Room
- What: Come join our annual holiday celebrations with FREE cookies and hot cocoa, family photos with Santa, holiday crafts, raffle prizes and kids’ performance.
- Tickets: Santa Photos $3, Raffles $1, Crafts $1 (cookie decorations or holiday ornaments)
- Volunteer Sign Up: If you would like to help with MUR decorations/setup, crafts, food serving, or clean up, please sign up online at https://www.fremont.k12.ca.us/Page/30268 by Wed, Nov 30th, 2016. Thanks for your support.
P.E. Equipment Upgrade 2016
Harvey Green PTA is proud to sponsor the P.E. Equipment Upgrade at our school. Please read the message from our P.E. Teacher Mr. Fontes:
I would like to say THANK YOU!!!!!! to our PTA who purchased the following list of equipment for Harvey Green Elementary: 2 ball racks, 15 size 5 basketballs, 15 size 6 basketballs, 18 size 4 basketballs, 2 instructional hand placement basketballs, 36 rainbow cones 5" high, 36 rainbow cones 2.5" high, 6 rainbow colored mesh duffle bags, Totaling - $1,741.32.The equipment purchased will be instrumental in teaching basketball and other activities here at Harvey Green!! Students will be able to dribble and shoot using appropriate size basketballs. Cones will be used to help teach and guide students through drills and games!! Basketball racks and bags were purchased to help aide with organization and equipment transport!
Fundraising Night at Ono Hawaiian BBQ, Nov 18th 2016, 5-8pm
Updates: This fundraising event will add $93 to PTA general fund. Thanks for your participation.
When: Friday, Nov 18th 2016, 5~8pm
Where: Ono Hawaiian BBQ, 43811 Pacific Commons Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538
Notes: **Must present the event flyer to a cashier to participate**
Ono Hawaiian BBQ will contribute 30% of the proceeds to Harvey Green PTA
Astronomy Night, Thu, Nov 10th, 2016, 6:30-8:00pm -- Cancelled due to cloudy weather
Red Ribbon Week 2016: Oct 24th~28th Spirit Days
Monday: Proud to Be Drug Free! Wear red to help kickoff Red Ribbon Week!
Tuesday: Turn your Back on Drugs. Wear your shirt backwards.
Wednesday: Team Up Against Drugs. Wear your favorite sports shirt or jersey.
Thursday: Too Super for Drugs. Wear your favorite superhero shirt.
Friday: Our School Chooses to Be Drug Free! Wear your school shirt or school colors. Show your spirit!
Fall Festival 2016
Fall Festival 2016 is scheduled on Saturday, 10/29/2016, from 11am to 3pm
Come join our biggest family fun event and make it a wonderful day for kids
We need volunteer to fill in ~200 volunteer spots including setup, cleanup, game/activities booths and food stall.
Parents, High School Students, Boy Scouts are all welcome to join the team.
Please sign up online by Wednesday 10/19/2016 at: https://www.fremont.k12.ca.us/Page/29879. Thank you very much.
International Walk or Roll to School Day, 10/5/2016
The students, parents, and teachers at Harvey Green will celebrate International Walk and Roll to School Day on Wed, Oct 5th. This is a great opportunity to celebrate our health, the environment, and our school spirit. Students who walk, roll or carpool to school will have the chance to sign our school poster, receive a small giveaway, and meet our own City of Fremont Vice Mayor, Lily Mei.
PTA Reflections Art Program 2016
Topic: What is your story?
Due Date Extended: Wednesday, 10/19/2016. Winners have been announced as of 11/07/2016
For more details, please visit: https://www.fremont.k12.ca.us/Page/26673
Harvey Green Spirit Wear 2016
Check out the new version of T-shirts & Sweatshirts at https://www.fremont.k12.ca.us/Page/27149
Order forms available at the school office. Old versions are all on clearance with limited quantities.
Family Movie Night #6, Friday, 9/30/2016, 7:00pm.
Movie: Zootopia (PG, 2016)
Jamba Juice B1G1 Card Fundraising 2016
Thanks for your great support. This fundraiser has added $1250 to PTA general funds.
Staff Appreciation Week, May 9th~13th 2016
Family Movie Night #5, May 20th, 2016Movie: Charlotte's Web (2006), Winner of the best family file of the year by Critics' Choice Awards
Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A Mowry Ave, 4/12/2016
Updates: This fundraiser brought in ~$250 for Harvey Green PTA.
Earn Cash Rewards for Harvey Green School & PTA
Do you know that you could help Harvey Green earn cash rewards simply by daily shopping? Your small contributions will eventually add up to a big achievement. Please download the Harvey Green Easy Cash Rewards Flyer and forward to your families, friends and neighbors who care about our school. Don't forget to check out and bookmark the links to Amazon shopping rewards, Escrip, SHARES, etc.
Family Movie Night #4, 4/8/2016Movie: The Good Dinosaur
Harvey Green Debate Club Spring 2016. hosted by Fremont Debate Academy
Extreme Science Show 2.0 performed by David Hagerman
Safe Routes to School Program: For more details, please visit this page.
The Golden Sneaker Contest
Bike to School Day
Family Movie Night #3, Friday 1/22/2016
Music for Minors II for Kindergarten Classrooms
Harvey Green PTA is proud to announce that we are now sponsoring Music For Minors II Program for our Kindergarten classrooms. This will bring kinders a weekly 30-minute music classes offered by MFMII volunteer docents. For more details, please visit this page.
Family Movie Night #2, Friday 11/13/15
Movie: Inside Out
Family Movie Night #1, Friday 10/2/15
Movie: Big Hero 6
Theme of “Let Your Imagination Fly”. Deadline to submit artwork is Wednesday, October 14, 2015 or earlier.
Back to School BBQ 2015: When: Friday, 8/21/2015, 4:30-6:30pm
Hornets Bookwave Publishing: Books Arrived
The very first package of hard-cover books have been mailed back from the publisher, written and illustrated by our own talented Harvey Green young authors. Check out this page to take a glance of the sample books. If you haven't got a chance to pick them up yet, please stop by our PTA table on the Back-to-School BBQ.
Membership Drive & Annual Fund Donation 2015-2016
We have revised the membership registration form to integrate the Annual Fund Donation.
Our goal for membership drive is to promote parents involvements and increase the membership signups to 200 members.
Our goal for annual fund donation is to raise $3000 towards funding family oriented programs and events.
Please check out the FAQ and Instructions.
Multi-use Room Audio/Video System Upgrades
Click here for pictures & details of the upgraded Audio/Video system in the Multi-use Room proudly sponsored by PTA.
Staff Appreciation Week, May 11~15, 2015
Theme for the week: “Health and Relaxation”
Get the Kids involved in celebrating Staff Appreciation Week
PTA Pizza Party Awards delivered:
Grade K-3: Room 5 (Mrs. Gibson)
Grade 4-6: Room 9 (Mrs. MacAdams)
Based on the registration data as of 12/19/2014, the following two classrooms have got the highest number of PTA member sign-ups and won the PTA Pizza Party Awards.
PTA has delivered the special pizza party to the two classrooms.
Introducing Harvey Green Debate ClubIrvington High school debate club members are holding a debate club at our school to help prepare Harvey Green students to become better debaters. This club is open to students from grades 4 to 6. Harvey Green debate club sessions will be held on Fridays from 6:30pm to 7:30pm at the school. There will be 8 classes for this session. The start date for the session will be the Friday, April 24th, in the multi-purpose room. Rishabh Meswani, a 10th grader from Irvington High will lead this club.
Hornets Bookwave Writing Workshop with Jennifer Hartvickson
When: Friday, March 27th, 7-8pm
Where: Harvey Green Multiuse Room
Topic: Book Making
Award-winning local author Jennifer Hartvickson will speak about writing, illustrating, and publishing the award-winning Mister Lemur books. Students will learn that writing is “just the beginning” and see how, through teamwork, words that start on paper can blossom into music, animations and even summer writing camps!
Hornets Bookwave Publishing Program:Do you like to make up a funny story or draw your own comics? Would you be proud to see your original creative work bound and printed into a beautiful hardcover book? Come join the Hornets Bookwave Publishing Program sponsored by PTA!
Laptops For Learning Donation Drive:Updated 3/1/15: We've reached and exceeded our goal of raising $2000 from Harvey Green families. The cart and laptops are ready for the upcoming tests. Thanks to everyone who has sent in a donation. Please go to this page for more details and pictures.
Cookies & Cocoa With Santa 2014: 6pm~8pm on Friday, Dec 5th, 2014. We would like to say Thank You again to our sponsors for Cookies & Cocoa with Santa event. Please find out more information in the Sponsors Directory.
Red Ribbon Week 2014: The week of Nov 17th~21st 2014 will be our Red Ribbon Week.
Monday: Sports Day: Be a good sport and "team" up with others to say NO. Wear your favorite sports shirt, jacket or jersey.
Tuesday: Backwards Day: This shows that you know how to "back" away from drugs. Wear your clothes backwards.
Wednesday: Hat Day: Use your "mind" to make the right choices, and say no to alcohol. Wear baseball hats, silly hats, any kinds of hats.
Thursday: Sun Glasses Day: You don't need drugs or alcohol to be "cool". Wear your favorite shades/sunglasses.
Friday: Spirit Day: Don't be the one to "sting" others, stay violent free. Wear your Harvey Green clothing.
Fall Festival 2014: 6pm~8pm on Saturday, Oct 25th, 2014
Room Parents Program: Please find more details here and contact Program Coordinator Angel Cheng if you're interested in joining.
PTA Dollar Program: You could start earning PTA Dollars by volunteering at PTA sponsored events.Please find more details here.
- Spring 2018 FUNDrive
PLEASE NOTE: Non-EndorsementContent on this website and/or the Fremont Unified School District website includes information and links created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. This is an extracurricular organization web page. Opinions expressed on this page shall not be attributed to the District. FUSD provides this information solely for our users' convenience. When users select a link to an external website, they are leaving the FUSD site and are subject to the privacy policies of the owners/sponsors of the external website. Fremont Unified School District does not endorse the information or linked websites.