What's New at Harvey Green PTA
- 2017-2018 School Supply Lists of Harvey Green Elementary
Teacherlists.com is a sister-site of PTOtoday.com that offers a convenient interface for parents to shop school supplies. With one click, parents can purchase their entire list through Target, Amazon, or Walmart and have it delivered right to their front door!
Please share this link and help our school win the free giveaways.
- Bike to School Day, Thu, 5/11/2017
Theme for the Week: "Fiesta"
- Staff Appreciation Week, May 1st~5th, 2017
- Monday, May 1st – TK & Kindergarten - Breakfast Items: hard-boiled eggs, granola, quiche, fruits, muffins, yogurt, pastries, bagels & cream cheese, juice or any other breakfast treat
- Tuesday, May 2nd – Fifth & Sixth Grades – Sweets & Desserts: fruit torte, chocolate-covered strawberries, flan, cheese cake, crepes.
- It is the day of School Open House Night. PTA will be serving a catered dinner from Arteaga's Food Center.
- Wednesday, May 3rd – First & Second Grades – Salads, Veggies & Dips: fruit salad, potato salad, green salad, broccoli salad, pasta salad, vegetable tray, hummus, or your favorite salad or dip.
- Thursday, May 4th – Third & Fourth Grades – Fruit, Cheese & Crackers: sliced cheese, brie cheese, cream cheese, multi-grain crackers, wafers, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, sliced deli meat.
Get kids involved in celebrating Staff Appreciation Week
- PTA will sponsor a special Caricature session by Big AL Arts for our staff on Thursday
- Monday, May 1st—bring a card or letter to express thanks to a teacher or staff member
- Tuesday, May 2nd—bring a flower to a teacher or staff member
- Wednesday, May 3rd—bring a paper item for the classroom (ie. Kleenex, Xerox paper, Post-Its, etc.)
- Thursday, May 4th —wear your teacher’s favorite color
- Friday, May 5th—bring in a writing item for the classroom (ie. Dry erase marker, pencil, highlighter, etc.)
- Family Paint Night, Friday, 4/28/2017
- When: Friday April 28th 2017 @ 6:00-8:30pm
- Where: Harvey Green Elementary Multi-use Room
- Cost: $25 per painting on a 16”x20” stretched canvas ready for display
- Who: Open for all ages. An adult may work together with a child on a single painting.
- We supply canvases, acrylic paint, easels & brushes. RSVP Required. No Walk-in please.
- Jamba Juice Card Fundraising 2017 -- available at the office through 5/31
Free Bike Mobile, Tuesday, 4/11/2017, 2:30-6:30pm
Family Music Night by Music for Minors II, Thursday, 4/6/2017, 7:00-8:00pm
Fundraising Day at Bronco Billy's Pizza Palace, Monday 3/20/2017, 11am-10pm
Where: Bronco Billy's Pizza Palace, 41200 Blacow Rd Ste B, Fremont, CA 94538
When: Monday, 3/20/2017, 11am to 10pm ( the whole day )
How: Must present the flyer or mention “Harvey Green” to participate.
Applicable to dine-in, take-out, phone orders. Bronco Billy's Pizza will contribute 20% of the proceeds to our organization.
- Updates: This fundraising event has added $200 to PTA general fund. Thanks for your support.
Cowboy Assembly, Monday 3/20/2017, 10:30-11:30am
- Bedtime Story Hour, 3/9/2017, 7-8pm
- Safe Routes to School: Golden Sneaker Contest
- Math-a-Magic Shows by David Hagerman, 2/24/2017
- Multi-Cultural Week 2017: China
- Mon, 2/6/2017, Chinese New Year Assembly.
- Time: 9:10~10:00am, 10:15~11:00am
- Program includes Lion Dance, Martial Arts, Demonstrations of Chinese instruments, brush painting & calligraphy, Chinese fan dance.
- Sponsored by Harvey Green Elementary PTA with guest performers from:
- Thunder Kung Fu Academy (Fremont), Sun's Kung Fu, US Shaolin Kung Fu
- Eva Learning Center (Newark)
- IChen Art Academy (Fremont)
- Wed, 2/8/2017, Chinese New Year Parade.
- Time: 9:45~10:00am
- This is led by the Kindergarten classrooms and supported by other grades.
- Special activities in classrooms (check with your teacher)
- Cookies & Cocoa with Santa 2016
- When: Friday, Dec 9th, 6:00-8:00pm
- Where: Multi-Use Room
- What: Come join our annual holiday celebrations with FREE cookies and hot cocoa, family photos with Santa, holiday crafts, raffle prizes and kids’ performance.
- Admissions: For each family, please bring a few gently used winter clothes, OR three cans of non-perishable food items, OR a new toy (not wrapped in paper), OR $3 for admission.
- Tickets: Santa Photos $3, Raffles $1, Crafts $1 (cookie decorations or holiday ornaments)
- Volunteer Sign Up: If you would like to help with MUR decorations/setup, crafts, food serving, or clean up, please sign up online at https://www.fremont.k12.ca.us/Page/30268 by Wed, Nov 30th, 2016. Thanks for your support.
P.E. Equipment Upgrade 2016
Harvey Green PTA is proud to sponsor the P.E. Equipment Upgrade at our school. Please read the message from our P.E. Teacher Mr. Fontes:
I would like to say THANK YOU!!!!!! to our PTA who purchased the following list of equipment for Harvey Green Elementary: 2 ball racks, 15 size 5 basketballs, 15 size 6 basketballs, 18 size 4 basketballs, 2 instructional hand placement basketballs, 36 rainbow cones 5" high, 36 rainbow cones 2.5" high, 6 rainbow colored mesh duffle bags, Totaling - $1,741.32.The equipment purchased will be instrumental in teaching basketball and other activities here at Harvey Green!! Students will be able to dribble and shoot using appropriate size basketballs. Cones will be used to help teach and guide students through drills and games!! Basketball racks and bags were purchased to help aide with organization and equipment transport!
- Fundraising Night at Ono Hawaiian BBQ, Nov 18th 2016, 5-8pm
- Updates: This fundraising event will add $93 to PTA general fund. Thanks for your participation.
- When: Friday, Nov 18th 2016, 5~8pm
- Where: Ono Hawaiian BBQ, 43811 Pacific Commons Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538
- Notes: **Must present the event flyer to a cashier to participate**
- Ono Hawaiian BBQ will contribute 30% of the proceeds to Harvey Green PTA
- Applicable for dine in only and not applicable for take-out. Each event is required to generate minimum $200 of sales. Not applicable for Catering, gift cards and other nonfood items. Not applicable with any other promotion, discount or vouchers. Terms and conditions apply. For more info, please visit www.OnoBBQ.com
- Astronomy Night, Thu, Nov 10th, 2016, 6:30-8:00pm -- Cancelled due to cloudy weather
- Subject to change due to weather condition.
- If the sky is clear without clouds, we will start in the MUR with a presentation on the Moon: Phases, Craters and Tides.
- Hand-on activities available. Observations to follow with two telescopes
- Coordinator: Richard Hair
- Red Ribbon Week 2016: Oct 24th~28th Spirit Days
- Monday: Proud to Be Drug Free! Wear red to help kickoff Red Ribbon Week!
- Tuesday: Turn your Back on Drugs. Wear your shirt backwards.
- Wednesday: Team Up Against Drugs. Wear your favorite sports shirt or jersey.
- Thursday: Too Super for Drugs. Wear your favorite superhero shirt.
- Friday: Our School Chooses to Be Drug Free! Wear your school shirt or school colors. Show your spirit!
- Fall Festival 2016
- Fall Festival 2016 is scheduled on Saturday, 10/29/2016, from 11am to 3pm
- Come join our biggest family fun event and make it a wonderful day for kids
- We need volunteer to fill in ~200 volunteer spots including setup, cleanup, game/activities booths and food stall.
- Parents, High School Students, Boy Scouts are all welcome to join the team.
- Please sign up online by Wednesday 10/19/2016 at: https://www.fremont.k12.ca.us/Page/29879. Thank you very much.
- International Walk or Roll to School Day, 10/5/2016
- The students, parents, and teachers at Harvey Green will celebrate
International Walk and Roll to School Day on Wed, Oct 5th. This is a
great opportunity to celebrate our health, the environment, and our
- Students who walk, roll or carpool to school will have the chance to
sign our school poster, receive a small giveaway, and meet our own City
of Fremont Vice Mayor, Lily Mei.
PTA Reflections Art Program 2016
- Topic: What is your story?
- Due Date Extended: Wednesday, 10/19/2016
- Updates: Winners have been announced as of 11/07/2016
- For more details, please visit: https://www.fremont.k12.ca.us/Page/26673
Harvey Green Spirit Wear 2016
- Check out the new version of T-shirts & Sweatshirts at https://www.fremont.k12.ca.us/Page/27149
- Order forms available at the school office. Old versions are all on clearance with limited quantities.
- Family Movie Night #6, Friday, 9/30/2016, 7:00pm.
- Movie: Zootopia (PG, 2016)
PTA Executive Board of 2016-2017
- We have completed board election and updated the PTA Executive Board List for the school year of 2016-2017.
- Please stay tuned for updates about Membership Drive, Maze Day, new version of Spirit Wear, volunteer & coordinator sign up, etc.
- Jamba Juice B1G1 Card Fundraising 2016
- Thanks for your great support. This fundraiser has added $1250 to PTA general funds.
- Staff Appreciation Week, May 9th~13th 2016
Movie: Charlotte's Web (2006), Winner of the best family file of the year by Critics' Choice Awards
- Family Movie Night #5, May 20th, 2016
- Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A Mowry Ave, 4/12/2016
- Updates: This fundraiser brought in ~$250 for Harvey Green PTA.
- Earn Cash Rewards for Harvey Green School & PTA
Do you know that you could help Harvey Green earn cash rewards simply by daily shopping? Your small contributions will eventually add up to a big achievement. Please download the Harvey Green Easy Cash Rewards Flyer and forward to your families, friends and neighbors who care about our school. Don't forget to check out and bookmark the links to Amazon shopping rewards, Escrip, SHARES, etc.
Movie: The Good Dinosaur
- Family Movie Night #4, 4/8/2016
hosted by Fremont Debate Academy
- Harvey Green Debate Club Spring 2016
- Extreme Science Show 2.0 performed by David Hagerman
For more details, please visit this page.
- Safe Routes to School Program:
- The Golden Sneaker Contest
- Bike Mobile
- Bike to School Day
- Family Movie Night #3, Friday 1/22/2016
- Music for Minors II for Kindergarten Classrooms
- Harvey Green PTA is proud to announce that we are now sponsoring Music For Minors II Program for our Kindergarten classrooms. This will bring kinders a weekly 30-minute music classes offered by MFMII volunteer docents. For more details, please visit this page.
- Family Movie Night #2, Friday 11/13/15
Movie: Inside Out
- Family Movie Night #1, Friday 10/2/15
Movie: Big Hero 6
“Let Your Imagination Fly”. Deadline to submit artwork is Wednesday, October 14, 2015 or earlier.
- When: Friday, 8/21/2015, 4:30-6:30pm
- Hornets Bookwave Publishing: Books Arrived
- The very first package of hard-cover books have been mailed back from the publisher, written and illustrated by our own talented Harvey Green young authors. Check out this page to take a glance of the sample books. If you haven't got a chance to pick them up yet, please stop by our PTA table on the Back-to-School BBQ.
Membership Drive & Annual Fund Donation 2015-2016
- We have revised the membership registration form to integrate the Annual Fund Donation.
- Our goal for membership drive is to promote parents involvements and increase the membership signups to 200 members.
- Our goal for annual fund donation is to raise $3000 towards funding family oriented programs and events.
- Please check out the FAQ and Instructions.
Multi-use Room Audio/Video System Upgrades
- Click here for pictures & details of the upgraded Audio/Video system in the Multi-use Room proudly sponsored by PTA.
- Staff Appreciation Week, May 11~15, 2015
- Theme for the week: “Health and Relaxation”
- Get the Kids involved in celebrating Staff Appreciation Week
- PTA Pizza Party Awards delivered:
- Based on the registration data as of 12/19/2014, the following two classrooms have got the highest number of PTA member sign-ups and won the PTA Pizza Party Awards.
- Grade K-3: Room 5 (Mrs. Gibson)
- Grade 4-6: Room 9 (Mrs. MacAdams)
- PTA has delivered the special pizza party to the two classrooms.
Irvington High school debate club members are holding a debate club at our school to help prepare Harvey Green students to become better debaters. This club is open to students from grades 4 to 6. Harvey Green debate club sessions will be held on Fridays from 6:30pm to 7:30pm at the school. There will be 8 classes for this session. The start date for the session will be the Friday, April 24th, in the multi-purpose room. Rishabh Meswani, a 10th grader from Irvington High will lead this club.
- Introducing Harvey Green Debate Club
- Hornets Bookwave Publishing Kits Due: April 30th, 2015
- Hornets Bookwave Writing Workshop with Jennifer Hartvickson
- When: Friday, March 27th, 7-8pm
- Where: Harvey Green Multiuse Room
- Topic: Book Making
- Award-winning local author Jennifer Hartvickson will speak about writing, illustrating, and publishing the award-winning Mister Lemur books. Students will learn that writing is “just the beginning” and see how, through teamwork, words that start on paper can blossom into music, animations and even summer writing camps!
Do you like to make up a funny story or draw your own comics? Would you be proud to see your original creative work bound and printed into a beautiful hardcover book? Come join the Hornets Bookwave Publishing Program sponsored by PTA!
- Hornets Bookwave Publishing Program:
Updated 3/1/15: We've reached and exceeded our goal of raising $2000 from Harvey Green families. The cart and laptops are ready for the upcoming tests. Thanks to everyone who has sent in a donation. Please go to this page for more details and pictures.
- Laptops For Learning Donation Drive:
Fremont Unified Schools will be closed on Thursday, December 11, 2014 due to severe weather. We will reopen on Friday, December 12 at 8:30 for a regularly scheduled school day.
- Cookies & Cocoa With Santa 2014: 6pm~8pm on Friday, Dec 5th, 2014. We would like to say Thank You again to our sponsors for Cookies & Cocoa with Santa event. Please find out more information in the Sponsors Directory.
- Red Ribbon Week 2014: The week of Nov 17th~21st 2014 will be our Red Ribbon Week.
- Monday: Sports Day: Be a good sport and "team" up with others to say NO. Wear your favorite sports shirt, jacket or jersey.
- Tuesday: Backwards Day: This shows that you know how to "back" away from drugs. Wear your clothes backwards.
- Wednesday: Hat Day: Use your "mind" to make the right choices, and say no to alcohol. Wear baseball hats, silly hats, any kinds of hats.
- Thursday: Sun Glasses Day: You don't need drugs or alcohol to be "cool". Wear your favorite shades/sunglasses.
- Friday: Spirit Day: Don't be the one to "sting" others, stay violent free. Wear your Harvey Green clothing.
- PTA Reflections Art Program 2014
- Harvey Green Spirit Wear Sale: Be a proud Harvey Green Hornet! Please find the sample images and order information for kids/adults T-shirts & Hoodies here. New orders have arrived, and we're able to offer the Hoodies at a lower price of $20.00. Don't forget to check out other gifts.
Fall Festival 2014: 6pm~8pm on Saturday, Oct 25th, 2014
- Room Parents Program: Please find more details here and contact Program Coordinator Angel Cheng if you're interested in joining.
- PTA Dollar Program: You could start earning PTA Dollars by volunteering at PTA sponsored events.Please find more details here.
PLEASE NOTE: Non-EndorsementContent on this website and/or the Fremont Unified School District website includes information and links created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. This is an extracurricular organization web page. Opinions expressed on this page shall not be attributed to the District. FUSD provides this information solely for our users' convenience. When users select a link to an external website, they are leaving the FUSD site and are subject to the privacy policies of the owners/sponsors of the external website. Fremont Unified School District does not endorse the information or linked websites.