Career and Technical Education (CTE)Creating 21st Century Career Choices for all Students
Career Technical Education (CTE) brings students, educators and employers to develop and strengthen the relationship between what's being taught in the classroom and its application in the workplace. Its programs prepare students with 21st-century skills.
- Industry Sectors- Career Pathways
- CTE is made up of 15 industry sectors, which include 58 career pathways related to all occupations.
- A series of courses grouped together integrate academic and technical training to provide students with a pathway to postsecondary education and careers.
- Some CTE classes stand alone, and others are found in California Partnership Academies, Multiple Pathway programs or Regional Occupational Programs.
- CTE engages students, increases attendance and graduation rates, helps close the achievement gap, and raises grades.