The WIP Benchmark has kicked off for the 2018-2019 school year!What is the World Issues Project?
The sophomore benchmark is a project in which each group must research a country of the world, write two full-process essays, and deliver a persuasive presentation on a social issue faced by their assigned nation. At the end of the 10th grade, Irvington High expects all students to be familiar with the following:
- Modern Language Association (MLA) standards for research and writing formats
- Correct spelling and grammar
- Library research
- Use of the Internet for research
- Word processing/Typing
- A five paragraph descriptive essay
- A well-reasoned persuasive essay
- Oral presentation skills
- Students must also demonstrate their progress in meeting the School Wide Outcomes throughout the benchmark process.
Last Modified on October 9, 2018