English and Math
Students in grades 3-8 and 11 take the computer adaptive tests in English language arts and math in the spring each year. For 2018-2019, the testing window is from March 7 to June 7, 2019.
California’s new state standards for science call for students to think and work like scientists and engineers—asking questions and learning through hands-on investigation and discovery. Working with science teachers, California is developing a new assessment, called the California Science Test (CAST), that emphasizes scientific thinking and reasoning. This year students in grade 5, 8, and 12 will participate in the trial of test items for this future assessment. While this trial will not provide scores for your child, it is an important first step in developing an assessment that will fairly and accurately measure how students are achieving on the new science standards.
CAASPP Score Reports
- Understanding your Student Score Reports, Video: English, Spanish
- More information on your student's California Alternate Assessment (CAA) scores); 2017 Video: English
- Parent communication letter which accompanied the Student Score Reports mailed home to families: English, Spanish, Chinese
- California Department of Education (CDE) web page about CAASPP
- Sample 2017 Student Score Reports:
- Sample 2017 CAA Student Score Reports:
FUSD's 2017 CAASPP Results Released
CAASPP: The California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress
The SBAC or CAA computer adaptive assessments are required for all
students in grades 3-8 and 11 in the areas of English language arts and mathematics. New for 2018 is the California Science Field Test (CAST) discussed in more detail above.
student reports will be sent home to families during the summer and will include an overall score
and a description of the student’s achievement level in English language arts, and mathematics. Science scores will not be reported for the pilot year of 2017.
Useful links with more information about CAASPP:
|Grades 3, 4, and 5 (English)||Grados 3, 4, y 5 (Español)|
|Grades 6, 7, and 8 (English)||Grados 6, 7, y 8 (Español)|
|Grade 11 (English)||Grado 11 (Español)|