Office of the Superintendent
June 29, 2017
Fremont Unified School District (FUSD) has been capably led for the past seven years by Superintendent Dr. James Morris and I’ve been honored to work under his leadership as the Assistant Superintendent of Instruction.
As your new superintendent, I look forward to carrying on Dr. Morris’s legacy of supporting our students and actively participating in the Fremont community. FUSD is a titan among Bay Area school districts and we take pride in making our already great schools even better.
In the 2017-18 school year, district staff will collaborate on a long-term strategic plan to meet the needs of our current and future students by:
- Enhancing effective communication with families, staff, and the community
- Improving overall student achievement, including reducing performance gaps for students not currently meeting learning goals
- Providing training, professional development, and information that will improve the quality of teaching
- Planning, building, and maintaining quality school facilities
- Strengthening relationships with businesses, the City of Fremont, and community organizations
- Practicing responsible fiscal stewardship in good times and in bad
- Developing trusting relationships with and between FUSD staff members
These important goals will be reached by working as a team, solving problems together, and sharing the belief that “what’s good for students” should guide all decisions. Though I am now Superintendent, I am under no illusions that I can do this alone. I am thankful for the wonderful team already beside me; and the new members who will join us along the way.
Enjoy your summer and I’ll see you in August.
Kim Wallace, Ed.D
Fremont Unified School District