Librarian: Sonal PatelEmail Address: email@example.comPhone number: 656-4000 ext 48012
WELCOME T0 THE LIBRARY @ HORNER
The Horner library is dedicated to providing a safe, comfortable and friendly learning environment for all students.
Things you should know about your Library….
Q. When is the library open?
Mon – Fri: 7:45 am to 3:00 pm
Minimum days/ Collaboration Days: 7:45 am to 2:00 pm.
(Unless otherwise posted)
Q.What are the general rules?
* Absolutely no food or drinks in the library (except water). Even sealed pack or closed containers are not allowed.No gum or candy!
* No electronic devices, even before or after school. If you use any, it will be taken away and handed to Assistant Principal Mr. Pabley!
* Please be quiet and respectful of other people reading or studying, even when working in a group.
* Clean up after yourselves while working in the library. Please push the chairs in, use “inside” voices, be polite and considerate of students looking for quiet place to read or study.
* All school rules apply, even before or after school, while you are in the library.
Q.What are the book check-out and check-in rules?
* You can check out up to 3 books, each for 3 weeks at a time. The due date is stamped on the inside front cover of the book.
* If not done with a book, it can be renewed, unless someone else has put a hold on it. All you need to renew the book is either the book or your ID. Or you can do it on line, from home. You will be shown how that can be done.
* New books can be checked out for 1 week and only 1 new book at a time, please. This way more people get a chance to borrow new books!
* If you lose a book, you will have to pay for it. If you loan your library book to a friend or check-out books for them on your card and they lose it, you are still responsible for the loss.
* You will receive overdue reminders through your School Loop email and then being called into the library during school. If a book has not been returned after all the reminders, or is overdueby more than a month, further consequences will follow, such as detention, nodance ticket or no yearbook
* You can place hold on books by either logging into Destiny (later you will be shown how) or by asking Mrs. Patel or helpers at the checkout counter to do it for you.
Q.What other resources are available?
* 9 desktops computers and 6 Chromebooks are available for school work only. Computers can be used to browse through library’s catalog, put books on hold, write reviews for books you have read and recommend books to your friends! No personal email access, no games (even those labeled “educational”). There will be consequences for inappropriate comments or language in the reviews!
* While doing research and using reference materials please follow the copyright law. Don’t copy and don’t plagiarize.
* Textbooks and workbooks are available for use in the library. Sorry, you can’t check them out and take them home!
*School supplies like binder paper, color pencils, markers, stapler, hole-punch, tape etc. are available for your use.But please be thoughtful and use these shared resources carefully!
* Please ask Mrs. Patel before printing or using a flash drive with the library computers.
If you use computers inappropriately, behave inappropriately, bring food/drinks into the library or damage the resources here in any way, you will face serious consequences, including detention. Students are financially responsible for lost or damaged library resources, including technology.Donations of tissue boxes, books and cash are always appreciated!Horner Library will have book fair coming during March, 2017 !! Please contact the library if students or parents would like to volunteer.Destiny Library Manager for Horner Junior HIghEncyclopedia Britannica for Junior HighsStudent log-in : fremontPassword : student