Librarian: Sonal PatelEmail Address: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone number: 656-4000 ext 48012
WELCOME TO YOUR LIBRARY
Things you should know about your Library....
- When is the library open? (Unless otherwise posted)
Mon - Fri: 7:45 am to 3:00 pm
Minimum Days: 7:45 am to 2:00 pm.
- Library door, opening into the parking area will be open before school, after school and at lunch. However, during school hours, you need to enter the library from the door opening into the courtyard of 20s wing. This may be confusing at the beginning, but you will get used to it. It is for the safety of all who are in the library.
- What are the general rules?
- Absolutely no food or drinks in the library (except water). Even sealed pack or closed containers are not allowed. No gum or candy!
- You may not use cell phones in the library, even before or after school. If you use any, it will be taken away and handed to Assistant Principal Mr. Pabley!
- Please be quiet and respectful of other people reading or studying, even when working in a group. Clean up after yourselves while working in the library. Please push the chairs in and put away comics/books you have been browsing, in its place.
- All school rules apply, even before or after school, while you are in the library.
- What about book check-out and returns?
- You can check out up to 3 books, each for 3 weeks at a time. The due date is stamped on the inside front cover of the book.
- If you are not done with a book, it can be renewed, unless someone else has put a hold on it. All you need to renew the book is either the book or your ID. Or you can do it online, from home. You will be shown how that can be done. New books can be checked out for 1 week and only 1 new book at a time, please. This way more people get a chance to borrow new books!
- You can place hold on books by either logging in (you will be shown how) or by asking Mrs. Patel or volunteers at the checkout counter to do it for you.
- If you lose a book, you will have to pay for it. If you loan your library book to a friend or check out books for them on your card and they lose it, you are still responsible for the loss.
- You will receive overdue reminders through your School Loop. If a book has not been returned after all the reminders, or is overdue by more than a month, further consequences will follow, such as detention, no dance ticket or no yearbook.
- What other resources are available?
- 9 desktops computers and 6 Chromebooks are available for school work only. Computers can be used to browse through library's catalog, put books on hold, write reviews for books you have read and recommend books to your friends! No personal email access, no games (even those labeled "educational”). There will be consequences for inappropriate comments or language in the reviews! While doing research and using reference materials please follow the copyright law. Don't copy and don't plagiarize.
- Textbooks and workbooks are available for use in the library. Sorry, you can't check them out and take them home!
- You can read current issues of the magazines that are available in the library and checkout older issues, each for a week !!
- School supplies like binder paper, color pencils, markers, stapler, hole-punch, tape etc. are available for your use. But please be thoughtful and use these shared resources carefully!
- Please ask Mrs. Patel before printing or using a flash drive with the library computers.
Finally.... If you misuse computers, behave inappropriately, bring food/drinks into the library or damage the resources here in any way, you will face serious consequences, including detention. Students are financially responsible for lost or damaged library resources, including technology.Donations of tissue boxes, binder paper, books and cash are always appreciated!Destiny Library Manager for Horner Junior HIghEncyclopedia Britannica for Junior HighsStudent log-in : fremontPassword : student