Students United for the Representation to the Fremont Unified School District Board of Education
- 2015 - 2016 School Year
- SURFBoardE 11/17/15
- Students who serve 12/19/14
SURFBoardE is a student group comprised of fifteen students from the five high schools in the Fremont Unified School District. It acts as a liaison between the 30,000 students of FUSD and the district's Board of Education. The SURFBoardE meets regularly at the district office to plan the District Representative Conference, (DRC) and a yearly community service project, as well as discuss issues to be presented at the Board of Education meetings.
Expectations and Requirements:
- Each member of SURF is required to attend bimonthly meetings on Monday nights, at the District Office in the Oak Room.
- Each member must contribute to all discussions.
- Each member must help plan and execute the District Representative Conference.
- Each member must help plan and execute a community service project.
- Each member must attend a district committee meeting once a month.
- Each member is required to help with the application process for the following year, regardless of returning the subsequent year, or not.
- All members are expected to maintain the highest integrity in and out of school, showing positive leadership skills and being exceptional role models for the students of FUSD.