Letters of Recommendation
Many private colleges and scholarships require that you submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher and/or counselor or in some cases a community member as part of the application process. We limit Letters of Recommendation for this purpose. For the counselor recommendation, plan to meet with your counselor well in advance of application deadlines. Meeting with your counselor even sooner will allow the Counseling Office to prepare thorough information about the applicant. Students applying to private colleges or for scholarships must submit a Student Profile to their counselor at least three weeks prior to application deadline. Students must also make available to their counselor the Secondary School Report three weeks prior to the application deadline. Most Secondary School Reports are done online via Common App or Send.edu, where students must enter the name and email address of their counselor. (Please note: Winter break, holiday periods and weekends will NOT be counted as part of the three week minimum requirement).
Students with last names Fi - Z: Use this link to complete your
Student Profile for Letters of Recommendation:
Complete the Student Profile form for Letters of Recommendation
and print a copy when you are finished.
(Warning: you cannot save this document so complete and print!)
Students with last names A - Fe: Follow these steps:
- Release of Information: Obtain this form from Mrs. Brahmst in the Counseling Office --or-- download form below. Must be signed by student and parent and returned before Letter of Rec can be written.
Access the Student Profile for Letters of Recommendation in NAVIANCE:
- Naviance website: https://connection.naviance.com/family-connection/auth/login/?hsid=washingtonhi
- Login Username: first three letters of first name, followed by first three letters of last name, followed by last three numbers of student ID number and then add @fusdk12.net
- Password: Your student ID number
- Select the "About Me" tab
- Select Student Profile for Letters of Recommendation on the left side and complete
For colleges and scholarships that require applications to be sent through the mail, students must provide addressed envelopes and sufficient postage for application materials to be sent. Two stamps are required for each envelope.
Common Application Online:
Many private colleges use the Common App online and others use Send.edu. Follow directions within their application procedures to have your recommendation request sent to your selected teachers and counselor. Your counselor must also receive the Secondary School Report online through the Common App or Send.edu. Please note: Although WHS uses Naviance for college and career exploration, we do NOT submit transcripts through Naviance; we submit the transcript through Common App online and there is no fee for this service.