Irvington High School
510 656-5711 ex. 46384
Best time to call:
7:30am - 7:30am & 9:30am - 11:30am
Students have the opportunity to experience the creative process through hands-on and practice. Using cutting-edge software tools, students will have the opportunity produce self-expression art as well as commercial art design. Throughout the year, students will develop a portfolio of original artwork.
Course Goals and Major Student Outcomes
1. Students will develop an understanding of the history and evolution of digital art.
2. Students will have a greater understanding and appreciation for art, digital art and electronic media in general.
3. Students will develop an understanding of the foundations of art, digital art and design.
4. Students will develop an understanding of the graphics arts profession and industry.
5. Students will gain design and technical skills and apply these in the digital art projects.