Emergency Information Involving FUSD Schools Will be Posted Here
Lock Down Guidelines:
For your safety and the safety of students, teachers, and staff, we ask that you follow these guidelines in the event of a lock down at a school site.
- Lock downs are initiated to keep students safe and to create a barrier to campus entry. Your student is safely locked in their classroom with their teacher and classmates. No one will be allowed to enter or leave the campus until the lock down is lifted.
- Stay away from the school campus if locked down. This will only create traffic and congestion around the campus which will endanger all involved and inhibit the school and police from doing their jobs.
- Do NOT call the school, a teacher, your child, or the Fremont PD during a lock down. All phone lines must be kept open for vital communications.
- Check the Emergency Information link on every school website, which will direct you to this page. Real-time information will be posted and will remain on this page for a week following an event.
- If you have questions about lock down procedures at your school site, you can contact the school administration.
General Safety Information:
Please encourage your children to report to you or to school staff any frightening or disturbing situations they encounter. The Fremont Police Department has asked that we report all incidents for police investigation.
If incident is in progress, dial 9-1-1.
Fremont Police Department Phone number: 510-790-6800
Online reporting: File a Police Report
Things You Can Do To Help Keep Your Children Safe:
- Speak with your children frequently about how to respond to and report situations that they find disturbing or frightening.
- Remind students not to go to or from school without a friend.
- Keep your child's emergency card in the school office updated.
- Report any rumors you or your child hear regarding planned fights or other possibly violent events.
The safety of children is our highest priority at FUSD
Thank you for your understanding and support in keeping children safe