Home Giving Contact District Calendar Website Concerns

Registration & Overloads     
New Registration K-12: 
All children who are 5 on or before September 1 are eligible for kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year. Kindergarten offers developmentally appropriate activities for children who are working at all levels. NOTE: Effective the 2014-2015 school year and thereafter, a child must be 5 on or before September 1 to be eligible for kindergarten. There are no exceptions to the September 1 cutoff.  Click here for FAQs regarding the Transitional Kindergarten program.

To register your child, you must have: 

  1. Birth certificate, Baptism Certificate or Passport
  2. Health history, including immunization records and evidence of a physical examination or appointment scheduled for a physical

Two of the following verification documents must be presented at the Enrollment Center:

  • Parent/Guardian Picture ID from the following list: Current California State Drivers License, Current California State ID Card, Valid Passport or Consulate Issued Picture ID, Credencial Para Vota, ID from home country
  • One of the following original documents (or clear and legible copies) with the parent/guardians name and address: Current, valid vehicle registration, State Agency Mail, Housing Authority Voucher
  • One of the following original documents (or clear and legible copies) with the parent/guardians name and address: CURRENT Property Tax Bill or Close of Escrow Statement with the parent name and property address, Tenant copy of Rental or Lease agreement with parent name, student name, and address, as well as manager or owners name and phone number
  • One of the following documents with the parent/guardian name and address: CURRENT Utility Bill, Business Mail, Car Insurance Bill.


If the parent gives the school the wrong address or fails to notify the school of a change in address, the school will transfer the child to the correct school within 5 school days. If you move, it maybe possible to have your child continue at his/her current school if the school has space and you apply for a transfer. Be sure to notify the school if you move.

It is helpful to have the last report card for elementary students. For secondary students, the last report card as well as the current or most recent schedule and a transcript are needed.

To find out the school your child will attend, click on School Locator. To register your child, call the school for office hours as you must go in person to register.

Additional Information:
District Enrollment and Registration Information (Waivers, Magnet Programs, Transfers, etc.)

Overloads: Fremont Unified School District is home to approximately 32,000 K-12 students. Several of our elementary schools have more students than their capacity allows. Due to overcrowding, each year students from these schools are overloaded to other schools within the Fremont Unified School District. Please refer to the Question and Answer Booklet on Overloads and the chart indicating the number of students overloaded last school year. This chart will be updated in September after the overload process is completed for the 2010-2011 school year.

*Some of the more impacted schools are Ardenwood, Brookvale, Forest Park, Hirsch, and Parkmont. Impacted schools are subject to change from year to year based on the demographics of attendance areas.

Alternative Language Program Information: Immersion Brochure available in English and Spanish

Last Modified on May 23, 2014