Arts and Crafts Through History
8th Grade State Standards: 2.1, 3.2, 4.1
7th grade State Standrads: 2.1, 2.3, 3.1, 3.2
1. Wrinkle one piece of newsprint paper.
2. Watercolor paint the entire paper.
3. Let it dry over night.
4. Place the stencil of the leaf on your newsprint.
5. Mix the tempera paint in your palette.
6. Use the sponge brushes to dab the paint over the edges of the stencil.
7. Lift the stencil up and off of the paper.
8. Fringe cut the narrow edges of the paper to look like frayed fabric.
9. Mat it on colored construction paper with glue.
10. Keep this project in your portfolio.