Oliveira Community 15-16
Oliveira's "Uniform Policy" is on hold for the year 15-16. This year the Oliveira community will have a chance to re-vote and establish clear guidelines as to the expectations of a dress code. Please be on the look out for updates.
Dress and Grooming
Each school’s administration has the final determination
on issues of dress and grooming. Students must dress
in a manner which supports a safe environment for
learning. Dress which is disruptive or contrary to
school rules, including but not limited to apparel and/or
accessories which depict drugs, alcohol, weapons,
violence, and/or gangs is not permitted.
- Shoes must be worn at all times: No boots of any kind (rainboots allowed only on rainy days), flip flops, open toed or ankle strapless shoes, high heels, steel capped shoes or wheelies.
- Students must wear clothing that covers the
shoulder (cap sleeve or T-shirt length), torso, stomach, midriff, mid-thigh and
- No sagging or bagging of pants is permitted.
- ALL undergarments must be covered completely at all times, no see-through clothing allowed.
- Students may not wear clothing advertising or displaying hatred or discriminatory words or pictures on the grounds of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or ethnicity.
- Students may not wear hats during instructional
time, but may wear articles of sun-protective
clothing, including hats for outdoor use. (BP 5132)
- Students may not wear clothing which has been
deemed by local law enforcement or other experts
to be gang-related, or affiliated with any groups that promote hatred or discrimination towards any race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, or religion.
- Students are prohibited from wearing “colors”
and/or artifacts, or display gestures which represent
or display drug, weapon, or any kind of membership or affiliation with any
gangs, including but not limited to, clothes, belts,
shoelaces, jewelry, emblems, badges, symbols,
bandanas, or sashes.