Enrollment (Transitional Kindergarten to 6th Grade)

Welcome to the Fremont Unified School District.  Below, you will find information to assist parents/guardians start and complete the enrollment process.
1.  Between April 5th and April 8th, the following 15 elementary schools participated in the 2016-2017 Kindergarten lottery: Ardenwood, Forest Park, Patterson, Warwick, Green, Hirsch, Azeveda, Blacow, Brier, Mattos, Cabrillo, Maloney, Niles, Parkmont, and Vallejo Mill.  Sites that participated in the kindergarten lottery will post their results at the school site on Wednesday April 20th, 2016.
2.  Effective January 1, 2016, Personal Beliefs Exemptions will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into school or child care in California. Personal belief exemptions filed at a school or child care facility before January 1, 2016 will remain valid until the student enrolls in the next grade span, typically at TK/kindergarten or 7th grade. Grade spans are childcare, TK through 6th grade, and 7th through 12th grade.
3.  Student Support Services is accepting enrollment for students TK through 6th Grade for the 2015-2016 school year.  There is a 3-step process to enrollment, please see below under "How to Enroll". Follow steps 1, 2, and 3 to complete enrollment. 
4.  An appointment to enroll for 2015-2016 school year OR to complete 2015-2016 Declaration of Residency is not required.  To enroll for 2015-2016 school year or to complete a Declaration of Residency for 2015-2016 school year, you may walk-in between 8:30am and 3:15pm.  For walk-in enrollment for 2015-2016 school year, please make sure you complete steps 1 and 3 below and prior to your arrival. For a 2015-2016 Declaration of Residency, please scroll to the bottom of this page for additional information. 
5. Information about 2016-2017 enrollment for new students TK through 6th grade is available.  Please click under 2016-2017 Elementary Enrollment Timeline.    
6. NOTE: For 2016-2017 school year, schools participate in a Kindergarten lottery when more Kinder students are enrolled than available space.  If you enroll in Kindergarten for 2016-2017 school year and your home school participates in a Kinder lottery, to participate in a Kinder lottery, you must have completed enrollment between February 8th and March 18th, 2016.  For additional information, please click under School Wait Lists and Overloads.
7. Parents/Guardians can schedule an appointment online to enroll 2016-2017 Transitional Kindergarten (TK)/Kindergarten students on February 1st, 2016 for appointments beginning February 8th, 2016. 
     Enrollment for grades 1 through 6 begins April 4th, 2016.  Parents/Guardians can schedule an appointment online to enroll 2016-2017 grades 1 through 6 students on March 14th for appointments beginning April 4th, 2016. Please read below for detailed information on how to complete the enrollment process.
8. OPEN ENROLLMENT for 2016-2017 school year is limited to secondary schools only.  For detailed information regarding Open Enrollment for 2016-2017 school year, Click here.
9. Student Support Services hosted 2016-2017 Elementary Enrollment Information Meetings December 7th, 8th, and 10th from 6pm to 8pm at the District Office Professional Development Center.  To view the Powerpoint slides from this presentation, please Click here.
10. The last day to enroll new Transitional Kindergarten (TK) students for the 2015-2016 school year was Friday December 18th, 2015. 
Who Can Enroll

Students who live full-time within the boundaries of Fremont Unified School District are eligible to attend.

To Enroll in Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten, students born:
9/2/2009 – 9/1/2010:   Enroll in Kindergarten for 2015-2016 school year.

9/2/2010 - 12/2/2010:  Eligible for Transitional Kindergarten (TK) for 2015-2016 school year.
Click here for FAQs regarding the Transitional Kindergarten program.
9/2/2010 – 9/1/2011:   Enroll in Kindergarten for 2016-2017 school year.
9/2/2011 - 12/2/2011:  Eligible for Transitional Kindergarten (TK) for 2016-2017 school year.
Click here for FAQs regarding the Transitional Kindergarten program.
PLEASE NOTE: Initial grade placement of enrolling students by Student Support Services shall be based on chronological age (BP 5111).
Enrollment for Transitional Kindergarten (TK) - 6th grade is a 3-step process.
Step 1  - Complete an enrollment application (See Step 1 below).
Step 2  - Create an enrollment appointment online (See Step 2 below).
Step 3  - Arrive at the District Office (4210 Technology Drive, Room 123) to verify current 1. Fremont residency, 2. Birth, and 3. Immunizations (See Step 3 below).  
Detailed instructions can be found below to initiate and complete enrollment at Student Support Services.
For multiple children, you will need to complete one enrollment application per child and create one enrollment appointment per child.
PLEASE NOTE: While our goal is to enroll in the home school, placement in the home school is not guaranteed due to overcrowding at some of our elementary schools. For more information about school wait lists and overloads, please Click Here.
How to Enroll

Enrollment is completed at the school site.  Please visit your home school for enrollment. If you are not sure which school is your home school, click on School Locator.


Currently, enrollment at FUSD is centralized for Elementary school sites only.  Enrollment is a 3-step process.  Please follow the steps below:


1. Students must be living in Fremont, CA at the time of enrollment for current school year.

2. Students must be 5 years of age on or before September 1st of the current year to enroll in Kindergarten.

3. A student cannot be enrolled in an FUSD school for the current school year if they are currently enrolled in another public or private school for the current school year.

Step 1:  Complete an enrollment application.

·         Please complete all fields.  Complete the entire application (the Health History Exam Form and Oral Health Assessment Form DOES NOT need to be completed prior to your appointment; all other forms do) AND print a hard copy. You will bring this hard copy to your enrollment appointment (See step 3).

·         If you have more than one student you wish to enroll, you will need to complete one enrollment application per student.

Step 2:  Schedule an appointment online after completing the online enrollment application.

·         Click here to create an online enrollment appointment.


(Service types:  Declaration of Residency or Enrollment Only)

·         Enter Parent/Guardian name, phone #,  & email address.

·         Enter Student’s name, date of birth, & home address in the Additional Info. field.

·         Please book one appointment for each student you need to enroll, not one appointment per family.

Step 3:  Arrive 5-10 minutes before your appointment time at 4210 Technology Drive, Room 123.

You must provide verification documents listed below:

1.         Proofs of Residency

Evidence of residency may be established by documentation showing the name and address of the parent/guardian within the District, including, but not limited to, two (2) of any of the following (Education Code 48204.1):
  1. Property tax payment receipt;
  2. Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipt;
  3. Current utility service contract, statement, or payment receipt (within 30-45 days);
  4. Pay stub;
  5. Voter registration;
  6. Correspondence from a government agency;
  7. Declaration of Residency executed by the student's parent/guardian;
  8. If the student is an unaccompanied youth as defined in 42 USC 11434a, a declaration of residency executed by the student; or
  9. If the student is residing in the home of a caregiving adult within district boundaries, an affidavit executed by the caregiving adult in accordance with Family Code 6552.

2.         Birth Verification:  Birth Certificate or Passport

3.         Current immunization records with first & last names, date of birth, dates of all shots given, physician stamp for each shot.  If immunization record has been transcribed, physician stamps for all shots.

4.         Parent/Guardian’s Identification

Caregiver Affidavits/Declarations of Residency

If you are in need of a Caregiver Affidavit and/or a Declaration of Residency, you must have these forms completed prior to enrollment in an FUSD elementary and secondary school.  Click Here to determine if you are in need a Caregiver Affidavit and/or a Declaration of Residency.

Anonymous Residency Tip Line

Last Modified on May 2, 2016