I. Timelines and procedures regarding review, correcting and return of homework:
· Students will independently work on assigned homework and be expected to return with the completed assignment/task on the following school day or when due. Teacher will review orally with the class while students self correct or peer correct homework.
II. Frequency of homework:
· Homework will be assigned four times per week on Monday through Thursday.
III. Duration of minutes for homework:
· 4th grade homework will be approximately 30 - 45 minutes per evening or 120 180 minutes per week. This includes independent reading.
IV. Type of homework opportunities:
· Standard based questioning/reasoning and thinking
· Worksheets and study skills
· Project based assignments
· Reading and Math
V. Percentage of overall grade in which homework encompasses:
· Homework is an essential part of student learning that reinforces their daily lessons. Projects will be reflected on report card grades
VI. Individual/ long term/major homework assignments
· Young Authors Assignment
· Biography- Jiffy Person
· Fact Book
· California History Report
VII. Absence/makeup policy:
· Students with excused absences are allotted the same number of days of the absence to complete work.