I. Timelines and procedures regarding review, correcting and return of homework:
· Students will independently work on assigned homework and be expected to return with the completed assignment/task the following school day. Teacher will review orally with the class the assignment/task while students self-correct or peer correct the homework.
II. Frequency of homework:
· Homework will be given 3-4 times per week on Monday Thursday.
III. Duration of minutes for homework:
· Fifth grade homework will be approximately 45-60 minutes per evening or 135 240 minutes per week. This includes independent reading.
IV. Type of homework opportunities:
· Standards based questioning/reasoning and thinking.
· Worksheets and study skills
· Project based assignments
V. Percentage of overall grade in which homework encompasses:
· Homework will encompass 10% of the students overall grade each trimester.
VI. Individual/ long term/major homework assignments:
· All About Me project
· Famous Person in American History project
· Astronomy project
· Heritage project
· Science Fair/ Young Author project
· State project
VII. Absence/makeup policy
· Students with excused absences are allotted the same number of days of the absence to complete work.
· Provisions for make-up homework due to student absence only.