WORLD HISTORY PERIODS 1 & 4. TEST ON FRIDAY 10/21
The basic test for both sections of honors classes will consist of 19 matching and multiple choice questions with 1 short answer question for a total of 20.
· 4th period will be required to respond in written form to one of the 3 prompts provided at the end of this study guide.
Terms: turnpike, enterprise, tenement, James Watt, proletariat, Robert Owen, anesthetic, urbanization, entrepreneurs, Jeremy Bentham
1. In what industry were factories first used?
2. Who were the Luddites in Britain and what were they up to?
3. Abraham Darby’s experiments led to what?
4. What philosophy proposed the “greatest happiness for the greatest number?”
5. Germany formed a social democracy to transform from ______________ to _________________.
6. Why did Karl Marx dislike capitalism?
7. Be familiar with James Kay- Shuttleworth’s quote on page 181 of your book. You will be asked to synthesize your knowledge of the Industrial Revolution with his quote.
4th period only You be asked to write an in depth and accurate response to one of the 3 following economies. You may bring in an index card with information on Market Economy, Mixed Economy, and Centrally Planned economy. I will supply you with a real world scenario and you will apply the information from your index card to create a response.
For example: Of the 3 economies listed above, which one incorporates Adam Smith’s Laissez-faire economic principles and how does that benefit the consumer, and how does that benefit the producer of goods?