I want to take time to say thank you to all the amazing parents and community volunteers that make Parkmont so wonderful. I send a big thank you to Mr. Stevenson, who is the friendly volunteer crossing guard before and after school on Parkside and Country.
Thank you to those parents who:
• keep PTA a dynamic and effective group
• help with Jr. Safety Patrol
• read with our 1st graders before school
• work with Walk and Roll to school
• bring FAME and Music for Minors to our students
• volunteer in the classrooms
• chaperone on the field trips
• serve on School Site Council and Safety Committee
• keep the technology working
• keep the website and newsletter up-to-date
• reach out to new parents and invite them to be a part of the community
• trim bushes and weed the garden
• do whatever needs to be done!
I want to thank our Lunch-Duty Supervisors for their care for our students as they keep them safe and help them learn how to make good choices on the playground.
This year as part of Fremont Unified School District’s stand against bullying, I was concerned when some of our students made hurtful comments toward students of other races and religions. I used these comments as an opportunity to have speakers from the Islamic Networks Group, ING, of San Jose share with our 5th and 6th grade classes about the differences among the religions that are represented at Parkmont. The presentations provided our students with the knowledge of other religions to help them appreciate the differences and combat the media’s view of some religions. Next year I hope to include a parent panel discussion to build understanding and to help all of us teach tolerance.
I love working with your students as I watch them grow physically, academically and socially each year. The 6th grade students and I started the same year at Parkmont so I have had the joy of watching them grow from kinder students to 6th graders ready for Jr. High School! My favorite part of the day is when I get to collect the hugs from all ages of students. Thank you for sharing your children with all of us at Parkmont.