Content Blocks

 maain
 
 
 
Campus Visitors
 

Student safety is our number one concern.  In an effort to ensure a safe environment for our students, ALL VISITORS MUST CHECK IN AT THE OFFICE, SIGN IN, AND WEAR A VISITOR’S BADGE WHILE ON CAMPUS.   Please do not sign out ahead of time. This is for your safety.  All staff is trained to question any adult they see on campus during school hours without a visitor’s badge.  This is for the protection of your student.  Please help us keep our children safe by following these guidelines.


Smarter Balanced Assessments

Our 3-6 grade students will be taking Smarter Balanced assessments this spring as part of the new testing program that will replace STAR.   95% of students statewide will take a sampling of test items for English language arts and math, plus one performance task from one content area. The remaining 5% will focus on one subject or the other and one performance task, State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson announced in November.

AB 484, which Gov. Brown signed in October, ended most of the STAR testing for our students.

For these reasons we are encouraging families to take the free Smarter Balanced Assessments at home.  Below are directions for accessing the assessments at home. 

Accessing the Smarter Balanced Resources

1. Log on to www.smarterbalanced.org

2. Under the Smarter Balanced Assessments heading, select Practice and Pilot Tests.

3. Scroll down to the heading Explore the Smarter Balanced Practice Tests.  Click on this live link (Green box at the bottom of the page).

 

No username or passwords are required; simple select “sign in”

 

STAR Testing Information

The following students will participate in this year’s STAR Testing:

  • CAPA students in grades 2 through 11.
  • 5th grade students will take the Science section of the CST.
  • California Modified Assessment (CMA) in grades 5, 8 and 10

The testing time window is from May 5 through May 16.

 
 MSJE Won K-8 Championship!
 
chess 5  

Mission San Jose Elementary School Chess Team (Kevin P, David P, Kavya S) Won K-8 Championship in CalChess Junior High (and Middle) School State Scholastic Championship held on April 12-13, 2014 at SFO Airport Hyatt Regency. Our School Chess Team is getting ready for 39th Annual CalChess Scholastic Super State Championship on April 25-27, 2014 @ Santa Clara Convention Center. All the best MSJE Chess Team! 

 Allison
Allyson W. She took 2nd place at the Girls National Chess Championships in the 8 and under division held in Chicago. 
 
Third Grade Artist Wins First Place 

Christine L., a third grader in Mrs. Loeswick’s class, is the 1st-3rd grade first place winner in the Alameda County Water District Poster and Slogan Contest. Her poster was chosen out of 1,770 entries and will be on the inside cover of the 2014-2015 Water Conservation Calendar. Christine will receive a gift certificate and the class will receive a $250 check.

Christine also was chosen as 1 out of 10 runners up for the Scholastic Bad Kitty Drawn to Trouble contest. Chosen out of 10,000 entries, Christine received a letter from Nick Bruel, the Bad Kitty author, a class set of his books, and a Bad Kitty pencil for each student in her class.  

 
MSJE Crowned State Chess Champions 2013

 

MSJE fresh off winning the National Chess Championships two weeks ago continued  their dominance by sweeping the Northern California State  Championships last weekend held at the Santa Clara Convention Center. MSJE won all three of the elementary championship sections. There were close to 1,100 players participating in the two day event.

 

Placing in the top ten for MSJE were:

Drake L. (4th place), Chris P. (6th place), Amit S. (6th place), David P. (2nd place), Luke Z. (7th place), Max W. (1st place), Aryan S. (3rd place), Marcus L. (3rd place), Rishi S. (3rd place), Kevin P. (7th place), Nivedha M. (1st place), Diya S. (6th place), Arnav L. (2nd place).
 

 State K3

 
 
MSJE is Awarded Top New Team at Math Counts!!!!!!
 Math
 
At the recent Math Counts competition held at San Jose State, MSJE's Math Counts team added, subtracted, divided and multiplied their way to being recognized as the top new team at the competition. There were over 80 schools participating with MSJE holding their own against other elementary and junior high students.  
 
Thanks to MSJE wonderful PTC!
 
      PTC1   PTC2
  
 
 
 
 



 

 
 
 

Articles

  • Math Adoption
    Fremont Unified School District is in the process of adopting new Common Core State Standards math curriculum for grades Kindergarten through 8 as well as Algebra1. Please see attached for dates and times.  Adoption Flyer
    Comments (-1)

Announce

Headlines and Features